DIY Cleaning Products to Make Your Home/Office Smell Like the Seasons
Most of our time is spent either at home or at work. We typically spend so much time in these areas that we are accustomed to its natural smell and we don’t even recognize it when we approach it. To make sure that your guests and visitors depart your home or workspace with a pleasing experience use these DIY cleaning products to make your home/office smell like the seasons.
- Spring- DIY Citrus Splash All-Purpose Cleaner Recipe
- This mood-lifting, dirt-busting citrus all-purpose cleaner is everything that you need to start your new season with. The eco-friendly cleaner is meant to wake up your household or office space, uplift vibes and keep bacteria, viruses and mold away with only three simple ingredients.
- Grab a spray bottle and mix together 1 ½ cups of water, 1 cup of white vinegar or citrus-infused white vinegar and 20-40 drops of citrus essential oils (sweet orange, lemon, lime or grapefruit). Shake well before using, have a soft cloth handy.
- Summer- DIY Lavender Linen Spray
- Lavender blooms in the Summer and is a familiar scent that is found in many households. Lavender is a multi-purpose herb used to relieve stress, uplift moods, and is used in many dressing and sauces as well as medicines due to its antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
- This DIY Lavender Linen spray enables you to get the best properties of the herb and adds a touch of summer to your beddings, clothing, furniture and overall household with three simple ingredients. Combine 2 cups of distilled water, 2 tablespoons of vodka or rubbing alcohol, 15-20 drops of lavender essential oils.
- Fall (Autumn)- DIY Natural Cinnamon Carpet Freshener
- As temperatures lower and doors remain closed, invite the warm scent of Autumn into your home with this DIY Natural Cinnamon Carpet Freshener.
- All you need for this natural carpet cleaner is ½ cup of borax, ½ cup of baking soda, 30 drops of cinnamon and other essential oils. Stir the mixture into any empty container with a dispenser top until the mixture is free of lumps. Shake the carpet freshener onto your carpets, and let it sit for 15-20 minutes before vacuuming thoroughly.
- Winter- DIY Holiday Scented Kitchen Cleaning Spray
- Admit it, you spend most of your time in the kitchen during the holidays. With all the festive gatherings during the winter, our kitchens usually get a lot of attention. This DIY holiday scented kitchen cleaner will leave your kitchen smelling delicious long after the food is gone.
- Gather together a spray bottle, 20 drops of essential oils (7 drops of ginger, 5 drops of cinnamon and clove, 3 drops of nutmeg will have your home smelling like a gingerbread house), 1/3 cup of vodka, 1/3 cup of distilled white vinegar, 1/3 cup of hot water. Pour the vinegar, alcohol, and drops of oil into a spray bottle, swirl around, then add the warm water last. Shake well before using, have a cloth handy and enjoy the holiday spirit in your clean home.
OpenWorks is guided by a simple philosophy: A cleaner, safer and healthier environment means a more productive workplace. Visit our website here to see what we can do to benefit your facility.
Ready to be your own boss?
Learn more about becoming a business owner with OpenWorks.Apply Now
Choosing the Right Type of FM Company For YOUR Needs
Struggling to choose the best facility management company for your buildings? Here's a quick breakdown of the types out there to choose from.
Do Not Go In There! Why Public Restroom Cleaning is a Job for the Professionals
When it comes to cleaning a public restroom, the task is best left to the professionals. With almost 80,000 distinct types of bacteria and viruses, you must take heed.