Stay Cool, Calm, and Collected in a Crisis Thanks to Your Facility Manager
Crisis management is essential to running your facility. That said, not every business has the internal resources, expertise, or bandwidth to manage the unexpected bumps and bruises that come their way. That is where third-party facility managers like OpenWorks come in. We are the folks who specialize in keeping you cool, calm and collected when everything else is in chaos.
Here are 5 roles third-party facility managers take onto help you easily navigate crises.
- Sherpas: Have you climbed a mountain? If so, you know the value of having a Sherpa guide you up the steep inclines and rocky terrain. The same is true for your business when it comes to navigating crises. Third-party facility managers guide you through the tricky paths of crisis management and have the expertise and experience to help you anticipate potential crises, prepare for them, and navigate them when they arise. They can also provide the tools and resources you need to stay ahead of the curve, like emergency response plans, business continuity plans, and crisis communication strategies.
- Orchestra Conductors: Amid a crisis, it's easy to lose sight of the big picture. Your team may be running around like headless chickens, each trying to create their own fires without coordination or communication. This is where outside facility managers shine. They function as the orchestra conductors of your crisis response, bringing everyone together and ensuring that each team member, internal and external, knows their role and is working towards the same goals. They can also help you prioritize tasks, allocate resources, and communicate with stakeholders.
- Air Traffic Controllers: Witnessing the calamity when an airport's air traffic control system goes down is not a pretty sight. Planes circle overhead, passengers are stranded, and chaos reigns. This same scenario can occur in your business when a crisis hits. Third-party facility managers like OpenWorks function as the air traffic controllers of your business, helping you manage the flow of information, people, and resources in a crisis. They can help you identify bottlenecks, reroute traffic, and keep things moving smoothly, even when everything else is falling apart.
- Life Preservers: It's easy to feel like you're drowning in a sticky situation. You're overwhelmed, stressed, and struggling to stay afloat. Third-party facility managers are the life preservers of your business, keeping you above water when everything else feels like it's sinking. From a broken pipe to a downed electrical line, facility managers can help you stay calm, focused, and on track, even when the situation is dire. They can also provide emotional support, guidance, and encouragement when needed. And, even if the worst happens, facility managers help you get back on your feet again.
- GPS: The same disorienting, frustrating feeling you have when you’re lost in an unfamiliar city can happen in a business crisis. You're not sure where you are or where you're going, and you're worried about making the wrong turn. Third-party facility managers navigate the twists and turns of crisis management to help you find your bearings, chart a course, and get back on track when you've lost your way.
Third-party facility managers are the unsung heroes of crisis management and take on more roles than we can count. Get the expertise, experience, and guidance your business deserves. Get your FREE facility management estimate and discover the OpenWorks difference.
Ready to be your own boss?
Learn more about becoming a business owner with OpenWorks.Apply Now