Medical and Healthcare Facilities
Commercial and medical cleaning services for clinics and healthcare offices.
Your Patients’ Health and Wellbeing is Our Priority
Your healthcare facility needs exceptional medical cleaning services that:
- Combine an understanding of patient care, technology solutions, and your goals
- Prevents the spread of disease, viruses and airborne pathogens
- Helps ensure regulatory compliance, and safe chemical and waste handling
Your patients have the right to expect that their healthcare clinic (urgent care, dialysis, radiology, chemotherapy) provides a safe, clean, and professional environment. Those seeking wellness, including the immunocompromised, require peace while getting their necessary treatments.
Patients have the right to expect the facility to make them comfortable and give them treatment on time according to a schedule that meets their needs. They also have the right to expect that facilities, treatment, and equipment adhere to The Joint Commission Accreditation (TJC), Det Norske Veritas, Inc (DNV), and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) compliance standards.
When you partner with a modern, professional facilities management company that puts your patients’ needs first, you’ll get all this and more.
“We recognize that your diligent work is protecting our patients and staff. Cleaning the facilities is always, but particularly now, a vital piece of our infection control process.”
What happened when a lower-cost facility service provider put patients, operations, and revenue at risk.
When one of our clients, a top clinical dialysis organization, moved to a lower cost “aggregator,” it saw rippling effects on its operations, patients, and P&L.
The client, serving 26,000 patients across 32 states in 400 facilities, hired a lower-cost service provider that outsourced to a patchwork of small, individually owned janitorial companies. As a result, there was limited standardization and oversight.
Due to the aggregators' limitations, the dialysis organization and its centers suffered more significant variability and increased operational and patient risk.
- The aggregator was challenged to find service providers for many locations during the pandemic.
- The local mom-and-pop shops weren’t providing service up to expectations and adhering to regulatory guidelines across all sites.
- They weren’t using medical-grade disinfectants and EPA chemicals, ensuring the safety of ill patients with compromised immune systems.
- Clinic managers were burdened with facility issues. This took their focus off the patients, as the caregiver’s and staff’s sick time increased.
- Due to short staffing, patients became frustrated with long wait times to get treatment.
- Individual clinics failed scheduled and surprise audits resulting in fines and affecting margins.
- Through surveys, the center found that patients did not feel “safe” and “comfortable” getting treatment at these locations.
The lower-cost facility provider offered a 10-15% savings. But in the face of brand damage, productivity losses, regulatory fines, lost patients, and the cost of multiple potential site shutdowns, those “savings” ultimately hurt the organization.
This is why they returned to OpenWorks.
Healthcare FM Services That Keep You in Control of Your Acute Care Facility
From shrinking margins to an aging workforce, healthcare organizations increasingly face issues that threaten their overall functionality and efficiency, ultimately threatening the quality of patient care.
You must work with a service provider with dedicated performance teams specializing in healthcare environments. Partnering with a company that understands the nuances involved with acute care and executes a scope of work that meets individual site needs will help keep you and your patients safe.
You need a facility services company that is responsive to your healthcare organization’s needs and can accelerate a timeline to results.
Work with a Service Provider That Knows Silence isn’t Necessarily Good
Because you haven’t heard noise yet, doesn’t mean compliance issues aren’t silently creeping up. You need to partner with a facility management company that helps you get in front of any situation before it impacts HCAHPS (H-caps) scores, service performance, and audits.
By partnering with a facility management provider that will provide consistent quality assurance visits to uncover areas for improvement and optimization, you won’t have to fear the silence of no complaints.
Your Patients, Staff, and Visitors Deserve Cost-Effective, Transparent, and Regulatory-Ready Healthcare Facilities Management
OpenWorks helps you meet their expectations – and deliver on your healing mission – with cost-effective, transparent, and regulatory-ready healthcare facilities management that cleans by the book.
Our elite network of service providers understand the stringent nature of healthcare facility cleaning and disinfection. That’s why we:
- Follow biomedical waste management Universal Precaution training and procedures
- Abide by Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Require OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen & Hazard Communication certification for service providers
- Require Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
We also adhere to the intensive regulatory standards required by:
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)
- Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Healthcare (AAAHC)
- State Department of Health Services
In addition to agreed-upon cleaning services, we offer the following specialty services for healthcare providers:
- Pre-surgery aseptic cleaning
- Post-surgery aseptic cleaning
- Sub-sterile cleaning, including autoclave rooms
- Cleanroom cleaning
“OpenWorks’ timeliness, customer service experience, meticulous attention to detail, and aptitude for taking customer concerns and finding optimal resolutions have all catalyzed building a customer-vendor partnership."