10 Spring Cleaning Tips
Spring cleaning is a time for you to freshen and revamp the vibes in your home. Below are a few tips that will get you ready for the warmer weather and provide a healthier environment for your household.
- Make a Plan-
- Take the time to plan how you are going to tackle spring cleaning. This eliminates time and allows you to stay on tasks.
- Make the worsts tasks your priorities.
- Organize before you clean-
- Make a list of items that you want to keep, throw away, or put in storage.
- If you see something that you can repair yourself, go for it! If there’s something that needs professional attention, call a repairman and schedule a time that will resolve your situation.
- Take it room by room-
- Bedrooms- Wash blankets and comforters, floor, rugs, wipe down surfaces. Don’t be afraid to redecorate for the new season.
- Bathrooms- Because bathrooms are one of the most important rooms in your house to clean, it is important that you deep clean thoroughly.
- Kitchen- Deep clean with specialized products to rejuvenate and protect your appliances and surfaces.
- Garage- Take the time to tackle the clutter in your garage.
- Clean the ceiling and light fixtures, appliance coils, vents etc.-
- Start from the top and work to the bottom, this way every part of your home gets the attention that it deserves.
- Clean or change air filters, vents, and refrigerator coils. Dust fans.
- Be sure to use safe chemicals, remember you are cleaning for a fresher, brighter and healthier environment for your home.
- Wash walls, cabinets, windows and overlooked surfaces-
- Washing walls can be very tedious but essential. Washing the walls allows your paint to stay sharp longer and brightens the rooms and walkways.
- Use a sponge for easy to reach areas and a sponge mop for hard to reach places.
- Freshen furniture-
- Furniture absorbs germs and dirt, so give your furniture the deep cleaning that it needs to take on another year of wear.
- Use products and materials specialized in cleaning or rebuffering so that you are not harming your furniture.
- Deep clean floors and carpets-
- Don’t be afraid to apply a wax or sealer to protect your hardwood floor and give them a fresher look.
- Get up pet hair and any lent that you would otherwise ignore.
- Clean underneath your furniture.
- Clean Exterior-
- To get all that you can from spring cleaning, you must clean your home in its entirety.
- Clean your outdoor furniture, gutter and power wash your home to prevent mold and mildew.
- Clean up after yourself-
- Double back and check through each room to ensure that you put away all cleaning materials, stowed away the storage boxes and threw away all trash.
Spring cleaning is a big task however it is important for a healthier environment. Pace yourself throughout this process; Spring cleaning does not have to accommodate to one day. Make it fun, play your favorite playlist and redecorate as you go. OpenWorks is guided by a simple philosophy: A cleaner, safer and healthier environment means a more productive work place. For more information on how OpenWorks can benefit your facility, visit our website here.
Ready to be your own boss?
Learn more about becoming a business owner with OpenWorks.Apply Now
Do Not Go In There! Why Public Restroom Cleaning is a Job for the Professionals
When it comes to cleaning a public restroom, the task is best left to the professionals. With almost 80,000 distinct types of bacteria and viruses, you must take heed.