This Is Why Your Facilities Need Electrostatic Disinfection Treatment
As a business or facilities manager, your priority during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is to ensure your employees, visitors, customers, patients, or students are safe and healthy. You can help to stop the spread of illness and infection by providing a healthy environment that is free of bacteria, germs, and viruses.
The CDC recommends cleaning facilities to mitigate the potential spread of COVID-19 along with a separate disinfection process. This includes cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces such as tables, doorknobs, handles, countertops, light switches, elevator buttons, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
One of the most effective and efficient ways to disinfect your facility is by working with a commercial cleaning company that provides an electrostatic disinfection treatment as part of its total facilities management strategy.
How an Electrostatic Disinfection Treatment Works
An electrostatic disinfection treatment by a commercial cleaning company provides an extra layer of protection to keep your facility free from viruses, bacteria, and germs. Some commercial cleaning companies, such as OpenWorks, have purchased these high-tech machines and trained their service providers on how to operate them according to EPA, OSHA, and CDC guidelines.
Electrostatic spraying adds a positive electrical charge to an EPA-approved disinfectant. Once atomized, it is dispensed as a positively charged mist that seeks out negatively-charged or neutral surfaces. Just about everything in your facility is negatively charged, which means electrostatic spraying can coat nearly everything.
As the positive and negative charges attract, they form an incredibly tight bond. Positively charged particles also repel each other. This is important to note because it means the particles will quickly spread out and completely envelop surfaces such as desks, countertops, and sinks. It provides a 360-degree coating and travels into hard-to-reach places that even commercial cleaning company technicians struggle to reach. It also means that any surfaces that are already covered repel the spray, which makes the process even more effective.
The Advantages of an Electrostatic Disinfection Treatment
An electrostatic disinfection treatment provides a variety of advantages over traditional commercial cleaning, including the potential of saving time and money. Here are six reasons why you should consider an electrostatic disinfection treatment:
- It is a faster process: It often takes less than half the time than a commercial cleaning company normally needs to do it manually. It also covers as much as four times the surface area in the same amount of time, and no manual wiping or polishing is required.
- It uses fewer chemicals: It is more environmentally friendly because it bonds instantly and spreads out over surfaces. This means there are fewer chemicals in the environment, you spend less money on chemicals and eliminate the dangers caused by over-use.
- It reduces cross-contamination: Using wipes or disinfectant cloths may transfer viruses and germs to other surfaces, hands, or clothing.
- It provides better coverage: Wipes and sprays may not cover everything. It is easy to miss spots on desks, countertops, appliances, and other surfaces. On the other hand, an electrostatic disinfection treatment coats everything that it contacts. It also treats odd-shaped items that are difficult to disinfect manually.
- It has a rapid kill rate: When you use an electrostatic disinfection treatment, particles bond instantly and kill 99.99% of pathogens within 1 to 5 minutes.
- It can be used on equipment: Electrostatic spraying will not damage equipment or electronics such as phones or computers.
Besides being used in the fight against COVID-19, electrostatic disinfection treatments are also effective against other pathogens, such as influenza, H1N1 and MRSA. We are currently focused on coronavirus, but during last year’s flu season, an estimated 35.5 million people died and nearly half a million people were hospitalized.
An electrostatic disinfection treatment can be used in facilities where someone has tested positive for coronavirus or there has been an outbreak of another illness. Research shows that it can deliver results up to 3 times greater than traditional disinfection and sanitation processes.
If you want to provide the highest level of protection against the spread of bacteria, viruses, and germs, you should consider electrostatic spraying. Many commercial cleaning companies use 360-degree electrostatic sprayer technology to sterilize and disinfect your facility.
Finding an Electrostatic Disinfection Service
The OpenWorks elite network of service providers are trained in the use of the latest electrostatic disinfection treatment techniques. OpenWorks’ elite network of commercial cleaning service providers can deploy electrostatic disinfection to create a healthier environment while following all CDC, EPA, and OSHA guidelines.
Contact OpenWorks today for a cost estimate on electrostatic disinfection services for your facility.
Ready to be your own boss?
Learn more about becoming a business owner with OpenWorks.Apply Now