Spotless Hiring: How to Find the Perfect Employee for Your Cleaning Company or Subcontractor Business
Are you tired of interviewing candidates claiming to be cleaning superheroes only to discover they don’t necessarily show up? Do you feel like you're playing a never-ending “Where’s Waldo?” game when finding the committed folks you need?
When hiring for your facility management cleaning franchise or your own contract business, it's essential to be strategic and selective. After all, your team is the backbone of your business, and you want to ensure that you have the right people on board to keep your clients' spaces spotless.
Here are a few tips to help you hire the perfect employees for your facility management company:
1. Beware of Mess-terious Resumes: Resumes can be deceiving. Don't be fooled by fancy jargon or exaggerated claims of cleaning expertise. Look for resumes that highlight relevant experience and specific cleaning skills.
If a candidate claims to have "superhuman" cleaning abilities, ask for references to back it up. After all, you don't want to hire a candidate who will leave your clients' spaces in a messier state than before!
2. Don't Skip the Clean-terview: The interview process is your chance to separate the cleaning ninjas from the newbies. Ask questions to gauge a candidate's problem-solving skills and attention to detail, like "If you were cleaning a room and found a mysterious stain, how would you tackle it?"
Their responses will give you insight into their ability to handle unexpected situations and keep calm under pressure after they are properly trained.
3. Look for Passionate Cleanthusiasts: It's important to find candidates who are passionate about what they do. Look for candidates who take pride in their work and have an eye for detail.
You want employees who will go the extra mile to ensure every nook and cranny is spotless for the client.
4. Scrub Social Media: Social media can be a treasure trove of information when vetting potential candidates. Take a peek at their profiles to understand their personality and professionalism.
5. Check for Clean-nections: Referrals from your current employees or trusted contacts in the industry can be a valuable source of potential hires, as they are likely to know other talented cleaners who share the same work ethic and values. Birds of a feather flock together!
6. Don't Settle for Soap-erficial Background Checks: Background checks are an essential step in the hiring process for any company. Conduct thorough checks to ensure your candidates have a clean criminal record and reliable employment history.
Finding the right people for your facility management franchise or subcontractor business is like polishing a diamond in the rough. With these tips, you can build a dream team to keep your clients' spaces spotless and your business bright.
Ready to be your own boss?
Learn more about becoming a business owner with OpenWorks.Apply Now